Join Dave, Joanie, and Mike and Tim for complete coverage starting with the pregame show at 1:30 PM on the Turkey Bowl Sports Network.
THE CHEERLEADERS CORNER
TEAMS ARE NOT LIMITED TO ANY NUMBER OF PLAYERS, IF MORE PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY THEY WILL BE ADDED TO THE ROSTER ON THAT DAY. THE XPFL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TRADE OR MOVE PLAYERS AS IT SEES FIT.
EARL POQUETTE JR.
ABOUT THE OFFICIAL XPFL FIELD
LENGTH: 50 YARDS
WIDTH: 25 YARDS
GOAL POSTS: NONE
PRESS BOX : 25 YARD LINE EITHER SIDE
Official XPFL Rules
This is full contact football with NFL rules with exceptions:
The 3 second rule - No one can blitz the quarter back until 3 seconds after the ball is snapped. Likewise the quarterback may only run out of the pocket and past the line of scrimmage if he is chased out by the defense. The quarterback must
Get rid of the ball within 10 seconds of the snap or he is down at the spot he is standing.
No field goals – Because of the fact that there are no goal posts.
Only one First Down is attainable – Because of the short field and the limited amount of players there is only one first down
On side kicks are prohibited.
Disputed Plays – Because there is no television instant replay, plays in dispute will be decided by Magic 8 Ball.
11 Players per team – Teams are limited to 11 players because of the small field. If a total of 22 players are not available then players may be traded to the opposing team to make the sides even.
The Clock – The clock will stop only for these circumstances:
Change of possession
Charged Time Out (2 Min)
Official’s Time out
Ball out of Bounds
Video for the
Turkey Bowl is provided by:
Scott Treml Video
"We don''t do weddings or any of dat crap, all we do is the Trukey Bowl so we're damn good at it." Scott Treml.
Here you'll find great comments from the minds of the head cheerleader and her fellow cheerleaders.
BLUE JELL-O'S TB VIII PLAYER ROSTER
2. Ryan Cullinane
4. Bob VanLanen
5. Randy Schwake
6. Cedric Cassell
8. Zack Skenadore
10. A.B. Cassell (MVP)
11. Rick Johnson
12. Justin Sobieck
13. Ed Kokes
14. Mike VanDenHuevel
15. Logan "Loggie Doggie" Sobieck
TB VIII winners photo
RED GOBBLERS PLAYER ROSTER
2. Jordan "Milk Shake" Veale
3. Austin "A-Train" Flemming
4. Brandon Pickett
5. Alex Pickett
6. Chrissy Meeusen
8. Jason Schmumkey
9. Grace Veale
11. Kari Hanes
14. Sara Poquette
15. Gary "Happy" Meeusen
TB VIII Photos
Click the thumbnail photo to see a full size picture.
Top Ten Predictions That Never Happened
At TB VIII
10. Every cheerleader would eat her own weight in pumpkin pie.
9. Poquette Field not sold out, game not televised locally.
8. Silverware runs out, guests forced to eat Turkey dinner with plastic.
7. Red Gobblers forfeit game due to a derailment while enroute to the game.
6. Food poisoning causes excessive barfing on sidelines.
5. Game called by XPFL officials who are too old to walk to other end of field.
4. After a fumble a gopher comes out of hole, grabs the ball and pulls it back in.
3. Blue Jell-O's loose as Quarterback succumbs to human spontaneous combustion.
2. Red Gobbler cheerleaders take the field and insist players go to sidelines and cheer for them.
1. Sides overwhelmingly unfair and Blue Jell-O's loose without the "Bus".